I was born and raised in Northern California and discovered a love for reading and storytelling at an early age. In elementary school I started consuming the Nancy Drew series and various other books, including the picture book The Weaving of a Dream by Marilee Heyera, an old favorite of mine. Seriously go check it out, the illustrations are gorgeous!
I work primarily in traditional media and have a deep and abiding love for the unpredictable nature of watercolor, though lately I have been playing more and more in the digital world. When crafting my stories I’m always on the lookout for ways to incorporate humor, characters, emotional impact and a touch of the absurd.
I am currently seeking representation and am available for commissions and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through my contact form.
Awards & Credits:
- SCBWI Asilomar Conference Scholarship Recipient
- “Art Education on the Cheap”, SCBWI Bulletin
- Master’s in Children’s Illustration from Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- Illustration Master Class
- Noah Bradley’s Art Camp
- Making Picture Book Magic
- School of Visual Learning